RPI2.0 will host its annual Research Update Workshop at the O'Hara House, Hamilton on Friday October 11th 2013. Academically recognized scientists will present their research on a variety of topics to RPI's members. The workshop will offer our members the opportunity to keep up to date with the progress of currently funded research projects and the opportunity to liaise with scientists to ensure that their business needs remained a focal point of the research.
Topics will include:
- Mapping the Influence of Climate Variability on Global Scale Flood Risk
- Relating Large-Scale Climate Drivers to Regional/Continental/Global Scale Frequency of Extremes
- Development of an Improved Database of Tropical Cyclone Size Parameters
- Tornadoes, Hail Storms, and Climate
- Sensitivity and Predictability of Hurricanes to Warming Seas
- The Impact of Cyclone Interaction in Quantifying United States East Coast Tropical Cyclone Risk